SLICES FOR SMILES
Buy a smile for a toonie
Slices for Smiles returns in support of Children’s Miracle Network!
Visit your local Pizza Pizza restaurant to support our spring Slices for Smiles Foundation fundraiser. From April 21 until May 21, we’ll be selling 10″ cheesy pepperoni smile half-pizzas for a toonie in an effort to raise dough for Children’s Miracle Network and its member children’s hospitals across Canada.
How else can you help?
You can also support Slices for Smiles by adding a donation to any orders placed by phone, online or through Pizza Pizza’s handy mobile ordering apps.
Thanks to your support, Slices for Smiles raised $500,000 in 2016. Since the creation of the foundation in 2007, we’ve raised $2.5 million for children’s causes.
ABOUT CHILDREN’S MIRACLE NETWORK®
Children’s Miracle Network® raises funds and awareness for 170 member hospitals, 14 of which are in Canada. Donations stay local to fund critical treatments and healthcare services, pediatric medical equipment and research. Its various fundraising partners and programs support the non-profit’s mission to save and improve the lives of as many children as possible. Find out why children’s hospitals need community support, identify your member hospital and learn how you can Put Your Money Where the Miracles Are, at www.childrensmiraclenetwork.ca and www.facebook.com/CMNHospitals.
Hospitals that Slices for Smiles fundraisers support:
- LONDON: Children’s Health Foundation
- OTTAWA: CHEO
- TORONTO: The Hospital for Sick Children (SickKids)
- HAMILTON: McMaster Children’s Hospital Foundation
- QUEBEC: Operation Enfant Soleil
- SASKATCHEWAN: Children’s Hospital Foundation of Saskatchewan
- MANITOBA: Children’s Hospital Foundation of Manitoba
- NOVA SCOTIA: IWK Health Centre Foundation
DID YOU KNOW? FACTS ABOUT SMILES
- A smile is contagious: neurons in the brain have a synchronizing feature that keeps you in sync with who are you speaking to. If they smile, you’ll smile!
- Smiling is like medicine! A genuine smile, where you smile big enough to squint your eyes, boosts your immune system by decreasing cortisol in your body.
- Smiling is our first facial expression. Babies start smiling even while they’re in the womb.
- Smiling can reduce blood pressure. Not only will those endorphins elevate your mood, but they will also lower your blood pressure – so essentially, smiles save lives!
- Smiling is a universal sign for happiness: all people, and even some animals, recognize a smile and what it means.