SLICES FOR SMILES
In 2016, Slices for Smiles raised $500,000, for a total of over $2.5 million since the Foundation was created in 2007.
We appreciate your help in supporting Children’s Miracle Network and their member children’s hospitals across Canada!
ABOUT CHILDREN’S MIRACLE NETWORK®
Children’s Miracle Network® raises funds and awareness for 170 member hospitals, 14 of which are in Canada. Donations stay local to fund critical treatments and healthcare services, pediatric medical equipment and research. Its various fundraising partners and programs support the non-profit´s mission to save and improve the lives of as many children as possible. Find out why children´s hospitals need community support, identify your member hospital and learn how you can Put Your Money Where the Miracles Are, at www.childrensmiraclenetwork.ca and www.facebook.com/CMNHospitals.
Hospitals that Slices for Smiles fundraisers support:
- LONDON: Children’s Health Foundation
- OTTAWA: CHEO
- TORONTO: The Hospital for Sick Children (SickKids)
- HAMILTON: McMaster Children’s Hospital Foundation
- QUEBEC: Operation Enfant Soleil
- SASKATCHEWAN: Children’s Hospital Foundation of Saskatchewan
- MANITOBA: Children’s Hospital Foundation of Manitoba
- NOVA SCOTIA: IWK Health Centre Foundation
DID YOU KNOW? FACTS ABOUT SMILES
- A smile is contagious: neurons in the brain have a synchronizing feature that keeps you in sync with who are you speaking to. If they smile, you’ll smile!
- Smiling is like medicine! A genuine smile, where you smile big enough to squint your eyes, boosts your immune system by decreasing cortisol in your body.
- Smiling is our first facial expression. Babies start smiling even while they’re in the womb.
- Smiling can reduce blood pressure. Not only will those endorphins elevate your mood, but they will also lower your blood pressure – so essentially, smiles save lives!
- Smiling is a universal sign for happiness: all people, and even some animals, recognize a smile and what it means.