Sponsorship – Associate Marketing Manager
“Always our best food, made especially for you.” Pizza Pizza’s mission is to make each and every occasion with us an enjoyable and memorable experience for both our customers and our team members.
Pizza Pizza is Canada’s favourite pizza chain for a lot of reasons, but the most important one is our people. Before that box ever arrives at your door, a diverse team of talented people make it happen, from the head office to the kitchen counter.
A critical component of our marketing strategy is Pizza Pizza’s sponsorship capability. With a broad range of NHL, CFL, MLS, and CHL partnerships, Pizza Pizza has one of the most diverse sponsorship portfolios in Canada. Additionally, Pizza Pizza is actively expanding our menu assortment to include liquor products. The Associate Marketing Manager plays a key role in developing and executing our Sponsorship programs and supporting all liquor license applications and other growth opportunities within the Marketing scope.
What the Role Will Do:
- Assist in the daily management of a national sports and events sponsorship portfolio including budgeting, contracts, activations and co-promotions
- Maintain relationships with key sponsorship & event stakeholders at partner organizations (teams, event management companies) across Canada
- Lead creative and media support key sponsorship activations eg. Toronto Raptors and Toronto Maple Leafs Score a Slice Coordinate with stakeholders internally and externally in executing programs
- Maintain awareness of sporting calendar and sports culture to brainstorm and execute relevant “in-the-moment” executions (eg playoff programs)
- Assist in management of Sponsorship & other Marketing-related budgets
- Identify and review new sponsorship or community engagement opportunities and provide recommendations
- Support the growth of new category initiatives e. expansion of beer category
- Support liquor license acquisitions, communication & coordination with provincial governing bodies
- Provide internal business units with supporting documentation, reporting and assist franchisees with onboarding related to beer sales or other growth initiatives
- Develop insights-based strategic revenue growth plans for beer or other growth initiatives
- 3 -5 years marketing and advertising Sponsorship experience an asset
- A keen interest in sports and sports sponsorship, knowledge of sporting calendars and culture
- Proven experience executing sponsorship activation plans in media and events
- Keen eye for detail and proofreading
- Food Service industry experience
- Highly organized with solid execution skills
- Franchisee and store level communications and relationships experience
- Effectively handles a fast-paced environment with frequently changing needs and requests
- Self-starter with ability to work autonomously and proactively to uncover opportunities to move the business forward
- Solid presentation skills: ability to effectively influence an audience through fact-based analysis, confidence in recommendations, and a positive demeanor
- Strong collaborator: seamlessly managing up and across teams to ensure buy-in, awareness of activity, and integration
- A team player: works respectfully, inclusively, and positively
- Familiarity with and love for the Pizza Pizza brand
- It’s good if you like pizza because we talk about pizza all the time
Please email your Cover Letter and Resume to email@example.com and please include “Associate Marketing Manager” in the subject line.
We thank all applications for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.