Accessible Customer Service Standard
Pizza Pizza is committed to providing excellent customer service to all individuals, including people with disabilities. Goods and services will be provided in a manner that respects the dignity and independence of all customers. When serving individuals with disabilities, reasonable efforts shall be made to provide the same level of service given to other individuals and service will be provided in a manner that respects their dignity and independence.
- Accessible Customer Service Standard
To all Pizza Pizza employees /owners/operators/contractors/ agents/representatives who act on behalf of or provide services on behalf of Pizza Pizza.
Reasonable efforts will be made to make sure that goods and services offered by Pizza Pizza are given in such a way which:
- Respects the dignity and independence of people with disabilities
- Is offered in the same/similar way as other customers, unless a different way is necessary, either on a temporary or permanent basis
- Gives everyone the same or similar chance to get, use and benefit from the goods and services
- Communicates with a person with a disability in a way that takes the person´s disability into account
To help ensure that Pizza Pizza employees/owners/operators/ agents/representative individuals with disabilities have access to our services:
- Communicate with customers in a way that takes into account the person´s disability
- Allow customers to use their own personal assistive devices, whenever practicable
- Allow customers to be accompanied by a service animal in those facilities that are open to the public, unless excluded by law ( See policy- Service/Guide Dogs- Business Location Access Policy).
- Train all staff and agents who provide direct service to members of the public how to serve customers with various types of disabilities
- Establish a process for receiving and responding to feedback from the public about the way service is provided to people with disabilities
Copies of this Accessible Customer Service Policy are available, upon request.
- Access for Service Animals Standard
Persons with disabilities who are accompanied by a service animal are welcome on any premises open to the public and/or other third parties when accessing Pizza Pizza goods or services.
The following will provide a reasonable response protocol when individuals requiring the assistance/accompaniment of a service animal /guide dog, as a result of their disabilities, are accessing services at our locations.
Service Animal: “An animal is a service animal for a person with a disability,if it is readily apparent that the animal is used by the person for reasons relating to his or her disability; or if the person provides a letter from a physician or nurse confirming that the person requires the animal for reasons relating to the disability”
The service animal must be permitted to accompany the individual with the disability to all areas of the facility where customers are normally allowed to go. In any case, where issues arise relating to the presence of service animals at our locations, the dignity of the individual making use of the animal must be respected.While service animals are usually dogs, they may include other animals designated by the individual with a disability and the individual´s treatment provider.
The following provides some reasonable steps in determining and handling access for Service Animal:
- If a customer does not have documentation for their service animal but it appears to be reasonable that the animal is providing assistance, the animal should be permitted on Pizza Pizza premises (except in circumstances where animals are excluded by law)
- If it does not appear to be a service animal, customers should be notified that only service animals are permitted on the premises
- No service animal can be evicted, excluded or separated from its owners unless the animal demonstrates behaviour posing a direct threat to the health and safety of others. They cannot be excluded as a matter of preference.
- Individuals with objections to the presence of a service animal should be consulted individually to find a compromise that does not hinder access for the individual with a disability
- In the event that a service animal must be separated from an individual reasonable steps will be taken to both serve the customer and address the safety and well being of the animal.
- Admission and Access of Support Persons
All support persons are welcome on any premises of Pizza Pizza that are open to the public and/or other third parties. All required employees will receive training on how to interact with individuals requiring support persons.
Support person: “means, in relation to a person with a disability, another person who accompanies him or her in order to help with communication, mobility, personal care or medical needs or with access to goods or services”
Support persons will be permitted access to goods and services in the same manner as any other customers.
- Assistive Devices and Alternative Service Methods Standard
At Pizza Pizza, steps are continually taken to improve accessibility of our restaurants and to effectively facilitate the use of most assistive devices used by individuals with disabilities. We will ensure that staff are trained on how to interact with individuals using various assistive devices and alternative service methods.
Pizza Pizza will provide training to all employees required under the Customer Service Standard on how to safely and effectively execute alternative methods and support those using assistive devices
- Accessible Customer Service Feedback Standard
In compliance with O.Reg429/07, the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act 2005, Pizza Pizza has established a feedback process for the accessibility of our customer service.
To provide feedback, customers can submit using the following methods:
- Website: www.pizzapizza.ca by accessing the footer link – Get in Touch
- By email: email@example.com
- By mail: Customer Service, 500 Kipling Ave. Toronto Ontario M8Z 5E5
- By phone: 416-967-1010 ext 399
Copies of the Accessible Customer Service Policy are available, upon request
- Temporary Disruption Notification Standard
During a temporary disruption to the availability of Pizza Pizza facilities and/or services, we will notify our customers of the reason for the disruption and its anticipated duration. To ensure effective dissemination of this information notices will be posted in the following areas: public entrances/exits and were appropriate, websites as soon as is practicable. If alternative facilities and/or services are available during the disruption, we will also include this information in public notices.
The restaurant manager or service provider is responsible for posting notices regarding any disruption to services. These will be posted as soon as possible in the following areas:
- At the entrance of the affected facility
- On appropriate websites and,
- other means deemed appropriate for the communication of the disruption details
These notices will include the reason for the disruption, its expected duration as well as a description of any alternative services/facilities available.