“Always our best food, made especially for you.” Pizza Pizza’s mission is to make each and every occasion with us an enjoyable and memorable experience for both our customers and our team members.
Pizza Pizza is Canada’s favourite pizza chain for a lot of reasons, but the most important one is our people. Before that box ever arrives at your door, a diverse team of talented people make it happen, from the head office to the kitchen counter and we are currently looking for a General Accountant to join this team.
The general accountant is responsible for assisting with the weekly sales and statement reporting and general accounts reconciliation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with the audit of weekly store inventory sales and reporting
- Reconcile system sales to inventory purchases and closing counts
- Communicate with franchisees on weekly results
- Present sales updates to senior finance management
- Analyze sales trends and identify errors, follow-ups and discrepancies
- Liaise with other departments to ensure complete and accurate reporting
- Perform monthly GL reconciliation
- Assist with annual audit
Skills and Qualifications:
- General accounting experience more than 3 years
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- JD Edwards Enterprise One experience would be an asset
- Experience with sales finance would be an asset
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Effective communication, investigation, and problem-solving skills
- Proactive and ability to work independently, escalating issues when appropriate
- Ability to deal with individuals at all levels in a fast-paced, demanding environment, often with tight deadlines and multiple deliverables
- Capacity to deal with large volume of data
- Possesses Company values of honesty, integrity, respect, commitment and openness to change while modelling the Company Core Principles in all activities
- Ability to foster collaborative, cross department relationships to meet common objectives.
Submit resume to email@example.com. with General Accountant in subject line.
We thank all applications for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
As a company, we’re committed to providing an environment that is inclusive and that is free of barriers. This could be any barrier based on age, race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, record of offences, marital status, family status and disability.